Professor, Chair of Civil Procedure, Faculty of Law and Administration, University of Warsaw, Poland.
ORCID No. 0000-0001-8239-6827
Google Scholar – profile
Since 2007, I have been employed full-time as Civil Proceedings Chair lecturer with the Institute of Civil Law, Faculty of Law and Administration. Since 2018, I am employed as a Professor at the University of Warsaw. Currently I give lectures on “Civil Proceedings” and specialist lectures on “Enforcement Proceedings”. I run a Pro-seminar for 4th year students and a 5-th year M.A. Seminar in legal studies.
Since 2023, I am a Plenipotentiary of the Dean of the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw for cooperation with legal corporations.
In 2009, I was awarded the title of Legal Adviser by the Regional Chamber of Legal Advisers in Warsaw.
I have been employed by the Supreme Court of the Republic of Poland since 2005. Initially a legal assistant, in 2009 I was promoted to the position of the Supreme Court Research and Analyses Office member. My professional duties primarily require the drafting of academic studies regarding legal issues that cause major doubts in court practice. Given my close ties to the Supreme Court, the coupling of academic and teaching activities with judicial practice enables the expansion of my overall research perspective, as well as the mixing or juxtaposition of theory and dogma with a profusion of legal matters.
I am the author of over 150 scientific publications in the field of civil proceedings – papers and articles in academic periodicals, monographs, individual chapters in monographs and academic textbooks, chapters in jubilee and commemorative books, chapters in academic textbooks; co-author of commentaries to the Civil Proceedings Code; co-author of the Civil Procedural Law System.
The results of my academic research have been documented in print, featuring diverse subject matter and touching upon numerous issues related to civil law proceedings. My key studies and papers make up part of following fields of research:
- Appeal measures in civil cases
- The Law of evidence
- Enforcement proceedings
- Legal representation
- Costs of legal proceedings
- Multi-stakeholder participation in proceedings under civil law
I hereby list the following monograph as the most important academic achievement in the discipline of law: Nieważność postępowania “Nieważność postępowania w procesie cywilnym” (Nullity in Civil Proceedings), Wolters Kluwer, Warsaw 2017, ISBN 978-83-8107-844-3. This book was recognized as the most useful legal publication on 2017 judicial practise in Poland. I am also the author of a monograph titled “Skarga kasacyjna. Dostępność w postępowaniu cywilnym” (Cassation Complaint Availability in Civil Proceedings), recognised as the most useful legal publication on 2009 judicial practice in Poland (published three times by LexisNexis in 2008, 2009, and 2011), ISBN: 978-83-7620-620-2.
My studies have appeared in numerous legal periodicals, such as “International Journal of Procedural Law”, “Access to Justice in Eastern Europe”, “Evidence Science”, “Przegląd Sądowy”, “Europejski Przegląd Sądowy”, “Polski Proces Cywilny”, “Państwo i Prawo”, “Orzecznictwo Sądów Polskich”, “Studia Iuridica”, “Forum Prawnicze”, “Monitor Prawniczy”, “Radca Prawny”, “Palestra”, “Rejent”, “Nowa Currenda”, “Dyskurs Prawniczy i Administracyjny”, “Gdańskie Studia Prawnicze”, “Przegląd Prawa Handlowego”, “Prokuratura i Prawo” and “Rodzina i Prawo”. These periodicals have published several dozen of my academic papers, opinions, reports and descriptions of legal issues (link: “publikacje”).
I have attended about hundred and fifty academic conferences, delivering speeches and papers at more than hundred (link: “konferencje”).
- Professor at the Faculty of Law and Administration, University of Warsaw, March 1st 2021
- Doctor habilitatus degree in legal sciences (law), University of Warsaw, March 19th 2018
- Awarded Ph.D. degree in legal sciences (law) pursuant to a resolution of the Scientific Council of the Institute of Civil Law, Faculty of Law and Administration, University of Warsaw, June 25th 2007
- Graduate of the Faculty of Law and Administration, University of Warsaw, Ph.D. curriculum in legal Sciences (law), 2004-2007
- Graduate of the Faculty of Law and Administration, University of Warsaw, M.A. curriculum in Law; awarded M.A. degree in law with honours, 1999-2004
- Member of the Scientific Council of Legal Sciences (Law) Discipline at the University of Warsaw
- Member of the Didactic Council at the Faculty of Law and Administration at the University of Warsaw
- Member of the Competitions Committee at the Faculty of Law and Administration, University of Warsaw
- Member of the Staffing Committee at the Faculty of Law and Administration, University of Warsaw
- Chairman of the Committee for Validating and Recognising Foreign Diplomas nad Credentials at the Didactic Council at the Faculty ol Law at the University of Warsaw
- Member of Civil Processalism Scientific Society (Towarzystwo Naukowe Procesualistów Cywilnych)
- Member of the Scientific Council of the Centre for Research on Axiology of Civil Proceedings (Centrum Badań nad Aksjologią Procedur Cywilnych)
- Member of the Scientific Council of the Polish Notaries Institute (Polski Instytut Notarialny)
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Access to Justice in Eastern Europe (AJEE Journal) Quarterly
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Judicial Quarterly ot the Court of Appeal in Gdańsk (Kwartalnik Sądowy Apelacji Gdańskiej)
- Academic supervisor of the Student Society of Processual Law at the Faculty of Law and Administration, University of Warsaw
- 2007- : employed full-time as Civil Proceedings Chair lecturer at the Faculty of Law and Administration, University of Warsaw
- 2005- : employed by the Supreme Court of the Republic of Poland; initially as legal assistant, promoted to the position of Supreme Court Research and Analyses Office member in 2009
- 2009: awarded Legal Adviser title by the Regional Chamber of Legal Advisers in Warsaw (2010- : lecturer)
- In the years 2011-2015, member of the Civil Law Codification Committee issue-focused taskforce appointed for civil proceedings purposes